Stoudts Brewing Distance Classic 12k
Directed by Lancaster Road Runners Club & hosted by Stoudts Brewing Company
October 21, 2017 at 10:00 AM
2800 N Reading Road, Adamstown, PA 19501
Challenging, varied, and picturesque running experience. All finishers will receive the traditional pint glass, a fresh loaf of bread from the Wonderful Good Market, and a free beer.
- 1st Overall Male & Female receive $100
- 1st Place Male & Female Masters receive $50
- Male & Female age group winners receive a mix of Stoudts beers
- Age groups: 21-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over
- Extra $200 cash award if course record is broken (male record 39:01, female record 45:35) !!
- $35 if postmarked on or before 9/30/2017, $40 after and on race day
- Online @ RunSignUp!
- Old Fashioned -- Make checks payable to: LRRC, PO Box 7172, Lancaster, PA 17604. Download and print the application here.
- No refunds, Race will go on rain or shine.Must be 21 years or older to register.
- Registration: 8:45 - 9:45 AM next to the Clock Tower at the rear of the big parking lot
- Baby-jogging strollers, pets, or headphones will not be permitted in the race.
- Start Time: 10:00 AM, at the Clock Tower
- Free parking is available on the grounds of the brewery
- Awards Ceremony and After Party in Stoudts Beer Hall
COURSE: see SBDC 12k Course
The course runs counterclockwise, beginning and ending near the clock tower. The first mile is a gentle downhill that takes you into and through the quiet borough of Adamstown, home to Good’s Potato Chips and Bollman Hat Company. The following 2 miles slowly climbs North and West into the wooded countryside. At mile 3 a long, fairly gradual uphill begins, which flattens out between miles 4.5 & 5. Just after mile 5 the runners will experience a winding down hill descent. Please be careful, there is a sharp right turn at the bottom. The remainder of the course is fairly flat with a short, but very inconvenient hill just before mile 7. The last quarter mile is downhill so save something for the sprint to the finish. There will be two aid stations, one at mile 3 and one just before mile 5. Local police and fire police and Lancaster Road Runners Club members provide traffic control and course guidance.
The Race Director: email Olga Clark PHONE: (717)344-9663